1. Be prepared...have all of the necessary materials needed in order to make studying efficient and effective.
2. Be organized...from your notebook, to your social calendar, to your work schedule, to your test/exam schedule...make short term daily study plans and marry them with long term study plans and goals...this will help to avoid cramming and "all-nighters".
3. Be yourself...eat, sleep, text message (within reason...lol), and laugh..."you" have gotten this far, don't change just because a test or exam is around the corner.
4. You DO NOT have to study for countless hours in succession...break your study sessions up into manageable time frames and focus in on the major themes from each unit first and slowly expand from that...your brain needs rest and nourishment just like the rest of your body.
5. DO ask for help if you need it...the longer you do not understand a concept, the more discouraged you become...CONFIDENCE goes a long way, even when studying.
6. Studying can be FUN...remembering goofy classroom events (or even funny classmates) that may be related to the topic of study can often help you lighten the mood and remember a key concept.
Good Luck...then again, who needs luck if you are or do all of the above!